Whythawk is software agnostic. We have deployed a range of different platforms. In government and public data, that includes CKAN, DKAN and Socrata; and in research data, we have worked with Dataverse and NADA.
Our experience means that we are flexible and able to advise you on the platform that will most rapidly meet your requirements and deliver a working solution. That flexibility extends to our process of engagement. Our software development service can be offered as any of:
- Full software development, deployment and hosting (or deployment on the server of your choice);
- Time-based support either to your own development team, or as a package of work to be drawn down on an ad hoc basis;
- Or a combination, producing some components while providing time-based support as well;
We work in a series of two-week “sprints” in which work is agreed, scoped and produced. Your project manager will meet with your open data project manager every two weeks. During that meeting:
- The backlog of requirements will be discussed and development agreed, including specific dates for delivery;
- Requirements for further specification and long-term resource requirements will be identified and planned for;
Support may take the form of any of the following:
- Technical guidance to the local developer team;
- Whythawk development of specific features, extensions or similar;
Standard email and telephonic technical support are available between 9 am and 6 pm, Monday to Friday, during UK office hours and with the exception of UK Bank Holidays.